Monday, June 28, 2010

What Lies Beyond Degradation?

This tree has been uprooted through soil erosion and despite the setbacks it has weathered over the years, this magnificent giant has simply continued to keep growing! When I look beyond the degradation and other obstacles that have crossed its path, I see persistence, patience and perseverance, and I'm inspired. More often than not, I notice how the challenges of hardship can produce a beauty that goes well beyond the naked eye. It's the depth of character that seems to shine right through. And, it's this kind of character that I'm most drawn to in life. This old tree has a lot to teach its passerbyers...and if you happen to be one of them, may you enjoy this one in all its glory!

Shoot me a comment if you're planning on visiting this ol' gal! Or if you've already had the pleasure, I'd love to hear your thoughts about meeting her in person!

4 comments:

Rackitfile Inc. said...

I'm not much of a tree enthusiast, but when I do this trail, I'll be sure to look for this amazing catacomb of roots! Nature has a great way of displaying itself in time and space. Way to capture it!

Free Spirit Traveler said...

Thanks so much! And, enjoy the hike! This catacomb of roots isn't hard to miss, they really are quite something.

gypsywriter said...

Hi Michelle, Thanks for visiting gypsygalstales.com. You have a nice blog too. Please continue blogging and traveling!

Cheers!
Prime

Free Spirit Traveler said...

Thanks so much, Prime. I'm learning as I go and I most definitely appreciate your encouragement and support!

Post a Comment