There are no words that come close to expressing how much gratitude I have for being able to experience this adventure alongside my children. To watch life come alive in their eyes. To see them learn, grow and strive for the very dreams that come from deep inside them.
The challenges we face help us grow closer together. I have never learned as much from anything as I have when I became a Mom. Oh yes, my patience has been tried beyond reason, yet my heart has grown leaps and bounds, and my spirit, that glorious spirit, has been strengthened more than I could possibly have imagined it to be. I know without a doubt that I still have much to learn, and funny enough, at times, my children are my very best teachers. There have been times in my life where I've grown weary and tired, taken too much on and taken life WAY too seriously. This is changing. I am grateful. Life is too short to beat ourselves up over trivial little things. We are meant to LIVE, LAUGH and LOVE to the end! And, even though you may not have a child of your own, you can always find one to make friends with, laugh with and enjoy the sheer innocence of remembering how to play. My children have taught me much about keeping my child-like spirit, for without it we most assuredly die before it's time. A friend of mine wrote this to me, this morning, "Why ponder.... when you can be doing something else. There's no time for all that. It's just a habit our society/system gets into. So when that happens, do something else...LIKE JUMPING. Pretty hard to ponder and JUMP!!! but JUMPING will get you to the next level." How wonderful and how playful! So, what Gratitude can do for our soul, Jumping can help celebrate our spirit! And, I dare you to take that on! Go ahead and JUMP!
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Melodie Beattie

6 comments:
Thanks Mom. I'm grateful to have you too. I especially love the part about me being one of your best teachers! Oh the implications! What shall I teach you next?! lol
Ha! I've got something! How about a little lesson on how to watch my son jump his dirt bike over twelve feet in the air, without worrying?!
I love to jump!
Very nice post!
Beautiful, Tanya! Thank you! When we JUMP and let time take us to a brand new place, it puts us on our feet again and then we can use that to propel us without the necessity to look back! Not knowing is wonderful, that's what makes it so much fun!
With my little son about to be born I cannot imagine anything better than taking him into the hills and mountains with me and seeing in his eyes for the first time what I see through mine every time. Nice blog.
Thanks, Maz. I'm thrilled for you! You're about to be introduced to one of your greatest teachers of all time... Enjoy every moment! And, happy trekking!
Post a Comment